In accordance with North Carolina General Statute 18B-902 each person applying for an ABC permit must submit fingerprints to be used for a criminal background check.
The only applicants exempt from this requirement are applicants for:
- Special One-Time permits
- Limited Special Occasion permits
- Wholesale Salesman permits
- Vendor Representative permits
- Non-resident Beer and/or Wine Vendor permits
Please submit the following to the NC ABC Commission along with all required permit applications, fees and documentation necessary to obtain an ABC permit.
- One complete fingerprint card obtained through your local law enforcement agency;
- A copy of a valid ID used to identify yourself as the fingerprint applicant;
- A mandatory fee of $38.00 per person in the form of a cashier’s check, certified check or money order made payable to the North Carolina ABC Commission; and
- A completed Authority For Release of Information as required by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the State Bureau of Investigation. Please do not contact these agencies.