A limited special occasion permit authorizes the permittee to bring fortified wine and spirituous liquor onto the premises of a business, with the permission of the owner of that property, and to serve those alcoholic beverages to the permittee’s guests at a reception, wedding, party or other special occasion being held there. The permit may be issued to any individual other than the owner or possessor of the premises. An applicant for a limited special occasion permit shall have the written permission of the owner or possessor of the property on which the special occasion is to be held. Complete an Application for Limited Special Occasion Permit and submit with the $50 fee.
The Commission may authorize the issuance of a special one-time permit for certain functions or activities as described below. The fee for each permit is $50.00.
- A permit may be issued to a nonprofit organization to allow the retail sale of malt beverages, unfortified wine, fortified wine, or to allow brown bagging, at a single fund-raising event of that organization. A permit for this purpose shall not be issued for the sale of any kind of alcoholic beverage in a jurisdiction where the sale of that alcoholic beverage is unlawful. Complete a Special One-Time Permit Application for Sale of Alcoholic Beverages and submit with the required documentation and the above fee amount.
- A permit may be issued to a nonprofit organization or a political organization to serve wine, malt beverages, and spirituous liquor at a ticketed event held to allow the organization to raise funds. For purposes of this subdivision "nonprofit organization" means an organization that is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 501(c)(6), 501(c)(8), 501(c)(10), 501(c)(19), or (501(d) of the Internal Revenue Code or is exempt from similar provisions of the General Statutes as a bona fide nonprofit charitable, civic religious, fraternal, patriotic, or veterans’ organization or as a nonprofit volunteer fire department, or as a nonprofit volunteer rescue squad or a bona fide homeowners’ or property owners’ association. For purposes of this subdivision "political organization" means an organization covered by the provisions of GS 163-96(a)(1) or (2) or a campaign organization established by or for a person who is a candidate who has filed a notice of candidacy, paid the filing fees or filed the required petition, and been certified as a candidate. The issuance of this permit will also allow the issuance of a purchase-transportation permit under GS 18B-403 and 18B-404 and the use for culinary purposes of spirituous liquor lawfully purchased for use in mixed beverages. Complete a Special One-Time Permit Application for Sale of Alcoholic Beverages and submit with the above fee amount.
- A permit may be issued to a collector of wine or decorative decanters of spirituous liquor authorizing that person to bring into the State, transport, or possess as a collector, a greater amount of those alcoholic beverages than is otherwise authorized by this Chapter, or to sell those alcoholic beverages in a manner prescribed by the Commission. Complete a Special One-Time Permit Application and submit with the above fee amount.
- A permit may be issued to a permittee who is going out of business to authorize the sale or other disposition of his alcoholic beverages stock in a manner that would not otherwise be authorized under his permit. Complete a Special One-Time Permit Application and submit with the above fee amount.
- A permit may be issued to a person who acquires ownership or possession of alcoholic beverages through bankruptcy, inheritance, foreclosure, judicial sale, or other special occurrence , and who does not already have a permit authorizing the sale of that kind of alcoholic beverage. The permit may authorize the sale or other disposition of the alcoholic beverages in a manner prescribed by the Commission. Complete a Special One-Time Permit Application and submit with the above fee amount.
Permits under this section are to be issued only for the limited circumstances and not as substitutes for other retail permits. Special one-time permits shall be valid only for the singe transaction or the kind of activity specified in the permit and shall be subject to any conditions the Commission may impose as to the time, place and manner of the authorized activity. Denial or revocation of a permit under his section shall not entitle the applicant or permittee to a hearing.