North Carolina Distillery and Liquor Importer/Bottler Final Requirement Check List
A. Commercial Permitting Process information and Apply for a Permit In State information documents completed.
B. Packet for ABC Commission to include:
- Completed NC Application For An ABC Commercial Permit with the appropriate box checked,
- Lease or deed to property,
- Inspection/Zoning Compliance form,
- Diagram of warehouse/ distillery area,
- Federal Basic Permit, and
- One (1) fingerprint card and a signed Authority for Release of Information form for each person filing.
C. When all requirements are completed, mail (address on application) or bring packet to NC ABC Commission Monday through Friday (8:00 AM – 3:00 PM).
D. Ask for Permit & Product Compliance Division.
E. If requirements are in order, you may be issued a Temporary Permit.
F. Information will be sent to Alcohol Law Enforcement (ALE). ALE has 60 days to inspect and return investigation with results to Permit & Product Compliance.
G. Permit & Product Compliance will review. If approved, a permanent (Distillery or Liquor Importer/Bottler) permit will be mailed to you.