Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between a vendor representative and a wholesale salesman?

Vendor Representative – This person represents a NC winery, NC brewery, NC importer or, a nonresident vendor. This person is allowed to visit North Carolina calling on wholesale businesses, driving and delivering products to NC wholesalers. This person does not have to be a NC resident. Wholesale Salesmen – This person represents a North Carolina Wholesale business, delivering products to and calling upon N.C. retailers. This person must be a resident of NC or if not, must name a NC resident as attorney-in-fact through a Power of Attorney. The Power of Attorney must be registered with the Register of Deeds office in the county in which the business is located.

© Copyright 2016 | North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission | All rights reserved