Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if I change the business’ ownership or relocate my business to a new location? Do I need to start over in the application process?

It is very important that you notify us prior to a change in ownership or relocation of the business. A new application packet will need to be re-filed and new permits issued under the new ownership at the new location in order for you to conduct business. The ABC permit issued to the old establishment automatically expires, and must be immediately turned in to the Alcohol Law Enforcement (ALE) or to the ABC Commission for cancellation.

© Copyright 2016 | North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission | All rights reserved